2009-12-02

Bored To Death


Bored to Death is a peculiar tv-show hence it's charm. It tells us the story of a failed writer, Jonathan Ames, who's girlfriend leaves him. Therefor he starts a new path, he puts up an ad acting like a private detective. The only thing is, that he isn't really, he's only read detective novels. In any case he gets a lot of "cases" on his hands and he does his best to solve them. He smokes pot with his friends and lives quite a sad life which gets spiced up a bit by this detective side-thingy.

A big plus for this show is the actors, who are really doing their parts great. The down-side is the plots which aren't that great. I follow Bored to Death mainly when I have nothing else to do and also because I've already started so I'm thinking why not. All in all, it's a pleasant show but not good nor bad. I follow it streaming on Ninjavideo.

I give Bored to Death 3/5 where one of the points is for the really good Pilot and two for the actors. But it misses one point for lacking good plots and one for missing to bind the episodes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment