2009-12-08

Eureka


Eureka is a town in Oregon, US where the US government has placed all the best scientists to develop their research. Jack Carter, a US marshall, gets stuck in Eureka due to a car accident and he discovers an odd world of science which he's never seen before. Carter helps the citizens of Eureka to find a missing boy and gets transferred there to work as the sheriff. At first he's got it hard to adapt. He has a talking/thinking house, he's only surrounded by people with PhD's and there are rarely any crimes, only experiments that's gone wrong and sometimes threat the entire planet. He finally gets settled and his daughter Zoe comes to live with him and what better education could his otherwise troubled daughter get?

Eureka is a good show and I watched all 3 seasons in less than a week. The only problem with Eureka would be that it sometimes is a little bit too goofy. It's perfect for a family to watch this together and even if there is a main plot keeping the seasons together you can always miss one episode once in a while. The music in Eureka is great, I love the main theme. Colin Ferguson who plays Jack Carter is awesome. Jack makes jokes, cries and is generally a good guy but a control freak. Without Colin Ferguson I think Eureka wouldn't have lasted more than 2 seasons maximum. It will have it's 4th season's premiere this summer. All actors are good but no one is as outstanding as Colin Ferguson. Of course I stream this show on Ninjavideo.

I will give Eureka 3/5. It is a good show and I will keep watching it untill the end but it doesn't deserve more. Everyone should give this one a try though, I think it's a very likeable show.

4 comments:

  1. I'll definitely give it a try next time I see it! Thanks for this recommendation! I enjoy how you write commentaries about shows I've never seen before - it gives me something new to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it interests you! And I'm glad you keep reading! :D You should give it a chance! I'll keep you posted...

    /Julius

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review... i'll look this up...

    btw... your link to Ninjavideo is spoiled (not working)

    thanks again,

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, you should...

    Thanks for the heads up on the links... problem solved...

    /Julius

    ReplyDelete